Everyone has a love language and mine starts with the words SMOKED STRAWBERRY MEZCAL MARGARITAS. And yes, this drink is as delicious as it looks and sounds.
Smoky, tart, sweet and potent.
One tool we are using that you may not have is a smoker, but it's not necessary to make this drink.
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces Tequila
- 1 ounce Mezcal
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 2 ounces smoked strawberry juice
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounce simple syrup
- Sugar Salt Mix for rim
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Strawberries for garnish
SMOKY STRAWBERRY JUICE
- To make the smoked strawberries, you have a few options! You can throw them on a grill (a grill plate or basket works best), char them under the broiler or even char them over your open gas stovetop flame. You want them to be a bit charred so they impart that smoky flavor into the mix!
- Once the strawberries are charred, place them in the blender. I like to use a few tablespoons of water when blending to help the berry mixture turn into liquid! At this point, you can totally use the strawberry puree. However, I press it through a fine mesh sieve here and just use the juice!
- This makes extra juice, so you can store it in the fridge for a week or so. It should make enough for about 4 margaritas.
The way we made it, we put the strawberries in a plastic bag and left a hole.
Insert the smoker tube into the bag and light the smoker. Let the strawberries sit in the bag for 10 minutes while they soak up the smokey flavor.
- I suggest making a single serving first and taste it so you can add more/less tequila, mezcal or syrup to your liking. Everyone is different and prefers their drinks a different way, so feel free to add more or less tequila, more simple syrup, more lime juice, etc. This is my absolute favorite combo listed above.
- Before serving, rim the edge of the glass with a lime slice and then dip it in sugar salt mix. Fill the glass with just a few ice cubes or even with crushed ice – my ice preference of late.
- In a shaker with ice, combine the tequila, mezcal, cointreau, strawberry juice, lime juice and simple syrup. Shake well for 30 seconds, then pour it over the crushed ice. Add a lime slice and a strawberry and serve!
- As a note, I like to char the strawberries for garnish too! I do this on the grill or on the gas stovetop burner.
- For simple syrup, I bring equal parts water and sugar (so, like 1/2 cup each) to a simmer in a saucepan while whisking. Let cool completely then store in the fridge!
While you're busy sipping on your smokey drink, check out these new arrivals that I featured in the live video.
and the newest addition to our Ellie Vail Collection, create your own charm necklace!
And make sure you checkout all of our newest PREORDERS!
It's your way of getting your hands on the best items before they're gone!
We hope you are staying safe and healthy and if you have any questions,
TEXT ME! 440-340-1878
See you soon!